Friday, February 19, 2010

DBOA Audio 13-36

In commemoration of the 40th anniversary of the Isla Vista Riots, here are the remaining audio chapters of the documentary series I produced in the mid-1980s. Tape quality sometimes is poor, as these recordings were digitized two decades later from my personal cassette copies of the original programs that are still archived in the KCSB Public Affairs archives.

I was never much of a radio announcer/producer. In order to do it right, you have to go with the very best take and if that one's not good enough, you cut it again and get it where it needs to be. I never felt I had that kind of time, so I slapped these 36 individual audio documentary episodes together as best as I could, as fast as I could, without taking more time than I was willing to give. Even so, I believe it is still listenable, certainly educational, and even fun hearing protagonists of the day along with music of the era.


I hope you enjoy it, warts and all...


  • dboa13

  • dboa14

  • dboa15

  • dboa16

  • dboa17

  • dboa18

  • dboa19

  • dboa20

  • dboa21

  • dboa22

  • dboa23

  • dboa24

  • dboa25 - lost

  • dboa26

  • dboa27

  • dboa28

  • dboa29

  • dboa30

  • dboa31

  • dboa32

  • dboa33

  • dboa34

  • dboa35

  • dboa36
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment