Thursday, November 04, 2004

Jeff Probst



The neatest thing about having the DBOA website and blog is the occasional email I get from Isla Vista veterans. The most recent one comes from Jeff Probst, who was an active EL GAUCHO reporter during the period of the riots. With his permission, I am including some past and current info about him, as well as his email address for those of you who want to reconnect:

"I'm "Jeff Woodstock" (the name I adopted for a year or so in Isla Vista) and "Terry Lennox" (Jack Whelan's pseudonym for me) in dboa. I recently (I live in London) received a copy of your book and am enjoying reliving my and others' history and finding out much that I was unaware of. I expect to spend many interested hours reading it. Thanks for writing it..."

Years ago, Jeff wrote a very personal and hitherto unpublished version of those times. He has been kind enough to share it with me and I am reading it, now. I'll have more word about it and Jeff in future entries to the blog.

If you'd like to get a hold of Jeff, he's in London, at:

rosjeff@btinternet.com

No comments:

Post a Comment