Saturday, June 05, 2004

Ron Martin & The Campus Deli

Ron Martin, who used to own the Campus Deli, is looking for any pictures any of us might have of the Deli. If you have any or just want to get in touch with Ron, you can email him by clicking on the subject header of this blog item or clicking "comment" at the end of this message.

------------------------------------------------------------

Malcolm,

I just rec'd your book on the Isla Vista Riots. Thank you for writing it.

I lived in Isla Vista during all the riots and owned a business called the Campus Deli. You may recall it. It was more or less across the street from the bank.

I also lived, in my Aunt's beach house on DelPlaya, with an extrodinary surfer by the name of Harold C Spear, otherwise know as "Tex". Tex had polio when he was a kid and was quite the surfer. I still see Tex from time to time. He is now Dr. Tex Spear and lives in Hawaii. If you want his email address, I would be gland to send it to you.

I have lost all my photo's of the Deli. Would you have any?

I well remember the CS gas. Not long after I grew my hair to my belt, along with everyone else, I moved to Alaska. Now I am back in my much loved Canada. Life was very different after the riots. Things got real quiet. Our spirit was broken. My hair is not so long anymore but it's still long in my heart.

Best,

Ronald Martin
President,
Danatec Educational Services Ltd.
www.danatec.com

No comments:

Post a Comment